Does weight lifting increase muscle bulk? Should you exercise only in the morning? Can I reduce fat in one area of my body? Do I need to stretch before a workout?
We’ve all had those days when you know you should work out (exercise), but you have no motivation to do so. Here are 7 surprising facts that will motivate you to tick another item (exercise) off your new year resolution list;
1. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IMPROVES YOUR MEMORY: Exercising increases the production of cells that improves your memory and brain performance.
2. YOU GET SICK LESS OFTEN WHEN YOU EXERCISE: Exercising boosts your immune system and prevents various diseases.
3. WEIGHT LOSS: Many people start exercising to lose weight. Working out for 30 minutes everyday can burn up to 1-2kg per week.
4. WORKING OUT IN A GROUP SETTING IMPROVE YOUR WORKOUT PERFORMANCE AS OPPOSED TO WORKING OUT ALONE: Get your friends,
acquaintances, and loved ones to work out with you and the result will be exponential. It’s great to foster camaraderie and strengthen your relationship with old and new friends; besides, exercise is more fun when there’s someone to do it with.
5. EXERCISE GIVES YOU ENERGY: When we exercise, an important chemical substance called ‘’endorphins’’ is released into our bloodstream, and keeps us energized all through the day. Exercise also improves your strength and stamina.
6. WORKING OUT ENABLES YOU TO SLEEP BETTER: If you are someone who has trouble sleeping, then exercise is your answer. Exercise makes you relax and feel confident.
7. MUSIC IMPROVES WORKOUT PERFORMANCE:Listening to the right music elevates your workoutfrom 0 to 100. So, next time you feel like giving up,plug in your headphones and listen to any music ofyour choice that motivates you.
‘’Less is more’’, and this saying applies to working out too. You don’t have to exercise for hours. Start with 10 minutes a day and make it your lifestyle. Losing weight or building your body is great, but don’t be discouraged if you are not seeing the results you desired in a few days. Weight loss or weight gain is not a linear process. It takes time. Fall in love with the process and have fun while exercising. Stay healthy and prosper!
My Short Bio:
Marvellous Olayinka is a medical student and a freelance medical writer. In her spare time, she reads fiction and non-fiction books, watches K-dramas, and draws with lead pencils.
Instagram handle: @_Marverick
LinkedIn: Marvellous Olayinka